Monday, February 27, 2012

This weekend we decided to go on an impromptu trip to see our friends in Idaho Falls, the Wahe family.  We attended church with them and one of messages I took from the meeting was to keep a journal!  I have been a sporadic journal writer at best, so here I am writing things down!  It was nice to get away even if it was a very short trip!  Danette is always so accommodating and feeds us well!  Danette and I went out shopping (well, just spending time away from the house really...) despite the crazy cold wind and snow.  I found a couple fun things...a lamp at the DI for $5, a fairy decoration for Isabelle's room at Ross for $6 and some very cute "chef" towels (also at Ross) for $4, which I will use to make cute hanging towels for my kitchen!  I was very excited about my finds (my buried treasure)!  When we returned to the Wahe's, we started in on our towel project...Danette is a very talented seamstress, so naturally she has a ton of fabric on hand and we were able to put together these darling hanging chef towels.  Of course I will be sending one to my sister in Washington (I still think she's rude for moving, but that's another story...) who taught me how to make these towels in the first place!

We drove home today, and on the way home I had the idea for this blog...a place to share whatever I feel like sharing!  The boys were entertained all the way home with games on our various electronic devices.  Even Isabelle (19 months) figured out how to get to the Angry Birds game on my tablet and was happily flinging birds in the backseat!

Well, that's all for now...until I can figure this blog thing out tomorrow...pictures will be added soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment